A cone beam CT scan provides much more information than a conventional dental x-ray and enables the dentist to formulate a more detailed treatment plan. There are a number of advantages of using the cone beam machine for wisdom teeth and implant procedures which include:
- accurate imaging – the dentist can provide a tailored treatment plan aligned with the patients’ exact requirements.
- reduced radiation – cone beam machines use less radiation, reducing the risk of exposure for patients.
- risk reduction – this technology is useful for patients with deeply impacted wisdom teeth and for those whose dentist identifies potential risks regarding proximity to cysts, sinuses, or nerves.
- faster imaging – cone beam machine scans are typically quicker which means less time in the dentist’s office for the busy individual
- improved diagnostics -cone beam imaging can reveal additional information that may not be visible on traditional x-rays.
- Enhanced treatment – in regard to implants, this technology is extremely useful as the dentist can use the imaging to safely place the implant whilst avoiding critical structures that may not be fully visible with conventional dental x-ray imaging.
Your dentist will be able to provide more information regarding these factors in relation to your specific condition. A cone beam machine is a valuable tool for dental professionals, allowing for safer, more accurate, and more efficient treatment of wisdom teeth and implant procedures.
If you’d like to find out more about cone beam machine applications for wisdom teeth and implant procedures, please feel free to contact our dentist in East Ipswich who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.Leave a reply →